Friday, June 17, 2011

Episode 6: Ryan and Ricky, Caitlyn and Mitchell, Miranda and Robert

Ryan and Ricky
Lyrical hip hop, Christopher Scott, "Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone" by Lighthouse Factory
This was a great routine and Ryan's locks and isolations were terrific. However, Jim called it when he pointed out her pasted on smile. Nigel wondered why she was grinning like a maniac while Ricky was ripping his heart out.


Caitlyn and Mitchell
Jazz, Sonya Tayeh, "In for the Kill" by La Roux
Mitchell hurt his elbow so Douchebag of Season 7 Robert filled in for him. I thought it wasn't the greatest routine. I love Sonya, but I thought it was just a standard mix of a Sonya techniques, nothing amazing. I also wasn't that impressed with Caitlyn. Apparently, I have no clue, because the judges fell over themselves telling her how wonderful she was. Meh.

Aside on this one? Ew, Mitchell clearly has a sweating problem, yet he chooses to wear that weird rag that doesn't even cover his torso in rehearsal. Gross!

Miranda and Robert
Jive, Jason Gilkinson, "Runaway Baby" by Bruno Mars
I loved the vision of this piece: the mod black and white clothes, the sliver go-go boots, but I just didn't think the dancers did a great job. There was something off about it, for me. Jim hates Robert and is ready to stab him for the constant "WOO"ing. We were pleased when Nigel pointed out that having a trademark "woo" is not enough to get him through the competition. Mary loved it.
I can't find the video. What a drag.

No comments:

Post a Comment