Friday, June 17, 2011

Episode 6: Jordan and Tadd, Sasha and Alexander, Clarice and Jess

Jordan and Tadd
Afro-Jazz, choreographed by Sean Cheeseman, performed to AfroCelt Sound Machine.
It was quite good. She already has that wild style down from her sexy jazz style so I thought she was a natural. The routine was interesting and fun. Tadd pulled it together and was quite credible despite his hip hop background. As an aside; she mentioned she wants to be a Pussy cat Doll. Ugh.
The video won't play here, click through to YouTube

 I also don't understand why the hair and makeup people made him look like Ruffio from "Hook."  It's not the first time they've done this look either.  Not good.


Sasha and Alexander
Contemporary, Travis Walls, "Stupid" by Sarah MacLachlan
I thought the title of the song described the outfits perfectly. HOWEVER it was beautifully choreographed and performed. Sasha in particular was remarkable. The judges got down on Alexander for not "making a connection" with Sasha, but I thought the story was that she was his conscience. It makes sense to me that he avoided facing her. Nigel clarified that he wanted more emotion from Alexander and I can kind of see that. He has that clenched-jaw thing going on that so many guys do. Nerdy aside: I found it interesting that he's from Alhmabra CA and looks like he could be a Almoravid Prince at the real Alhambra.



Clarice and Jess
Broadway, Tyce Diorio,"Me and My Baby" by Liza Minelli
Jim and I didn't think we saw any chemistry between them, but the judges didn't seem to agree. Jess is just so damn talented. The judges warned Clarice that she might be left in the dust by the other "beasts" among the girls and indicated that Jess out danced her. I thought they were a little hard on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment